Nov 20 2007
Posted in General
Make The Most Of Summer Without Hurting Your Skin
One of the great things about year end is all the gifts. The special time about year end is that we get to focus on our families and friends. Getting sunburned and overdoing things can spoil all that from time to time.
We all love to celebrate sunny weather. It’s holiday time. A time to spend outdoors with family and friends. But while you are out there it is wise to take the necessary precautions to protect against excessive sun exposure which can lead to sunburn, wrinkles, skin cancer, and other problems.
A little sun safety now could go a long way toward good health in the future.
Sun Protection Facts
- Plan outdoor activities early or late in the day to avoid peak sunlight hours between 10am & 4pm.
- Dress sensibly. Avoid white cotton and wet clothes
- The tighter the weave of the clothing, the more sun protection it will offer
- Wear wide brimmed hats
- Use sunglasses
- Make use of beach umbrellas and other kinds of shades
- Apply sunscreen and pay attention to the application instructions