Feb 06 2008
During the war years the Post Office operated this early warning radio station by Morse Code. The primary use of the station was to receive SOS signals from merchant ships that were torpedoed by German U-boats off the Cape coast.
Feb 05 2008
This was a vegetable farm of great importance in the early 60’s. The farm consisted of dry land (that was irrigated) and vlei land that was water logged in the winter months. The Vlei land was used to hunt wild ducks in winter.
Feb 01 2008
The road through Silvermine was the route during the 1700’s that the wagons, drawn by oxen, took to Simonstown from Cape Town. Halfway down the valley on the Kalkbay side of the mountain, known as Bokkop, was the Block House – a halfway stop next to the Sivermine River, where the tired oxen and drivers…
Search this site
Southern Suburbs, Cape Town