Mar 09 2008
The modern Valyland shoping centre was developed by a Mr. Cronwright on land that in the early 1950’s was a kraal for dairy cows and horses.
Feb 06 2008
During the war years the Post Office operated this early warning radio station by Morse Code. The primary use of the station was to receive SOS signals from merchant ships that were torpedoed by German U-boats off the Cape coast.
Feb 01 2008
The road through Silvermine was the route during the 1700’s that the wagons, drawn by oxen, took to Simonstown from Cape Town. Halfway down the valley on the Kalkbay side of the mountain, known as Bokkop, was the Block House – a halfway stop next to the Sivermine River, where the tired oxen and drivers…