Aug 19 2009
Why Some Homes Sell
Posted in General
Why do some houses sell and others don’t?
There’s no ultimate answer to this question, …
… but here are reasons we believe properties linger on the market:
- Poor maintenance, including ceiling stains, leaky taps and drains, ancient flooring and kitchens.
- Bland (and cluttered) interior.
- Poor landscaping and badly kept garden.
- Priced too high for the market area.
- Little online marketing and hard to find web/internet listings.
- Low commissions. Estate agents make sure their clients see properties that offer a payoff.
- Bad (and too few) pictures on the Web.